Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bungee Jumping

WOW.. What a rush!

For 24 hours leading up to the jump, I had butterflies in my stomach.. When I arrived at the site and saw someone jump, i thought I was going to faint. Then as we approached the tour desk to sign the waivers a woman was hyperventilating and completely freaking out - this did very little for my confidence. 



I was determined to do this and before I knew it.. it was my turn! Having the cheers of encouragement from friends, I stepped into the jumping zone. As I put my toes over the edge my heart was racing, I should NOT have looked down.. I was going to drop 160ft.. What the hell have I agreed to?!?!

The guide had me do airplane arms while he was holding onto my harness.. 
"On ONE you are going to jump.... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1"
 



I was free falling towards the rapids below... There were a couple of long drawn out 'colourful' words followed by "Ohhhhh mmmmyyyyyy Gooodddddd!" The bounce back up then the free fall again was almost as intense as the first jump!


The chuckling followed shortly thereafter!! Hanging on the end of the bungee for a minute or two before being wrenched back up to the bridge was spectacular. Being second person that took the plunge, I got to relive the feeling as the remainder of our group followed... AMAZING experience! I will be Bungee Jumping again!!

Now to get ready for the Stanley Cup playoffs tonight and the party tomorrow.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment